Wednesday, December 26, 2007

SuB-DriVinG

Today was the first time, I had the feeling that I might fall asleep while riding the bike. It has always been the case with me that any hint of sleep I had would disappear once the bike came to life. But today it was different. I wanted to stop the bike and sleep. I did sleep at one or two signals. Though it was very irresponsible of me to drive in that state, I was backed by my experience.

I also noticed something very strange. While being in my mild stupor, my brain was giving me the map of the road. Meaning, it was telling me where the potholes were. There were at least two places where I moved into a path just avoiding the pothole. I believe I see these potholes everyday and avoid them subconsciously. As I was driving more with my sub-conscious today, it felt strange to be accepting signals of the brain to represent reality.

I even had some funny thoughts while driving. Like, in countries abroad, you never know where the potholes are. One day they are there, one day they are not there. But in India, you are 100% sure of the potholes. They stay there forever. heehaws... You only have to mind the newer potholes.

No comments: